Sunday, August 05, 2007

Cinderella 2, "Dreams Come True?"

OK, I haven't always gotten to work on really cool projects like "Foster's" or "Danny Phantom." Sometimes you gotta pay the bills and work on a project that you don't have as much enthusiasm for. Such was the case on Cinderella 2. Being assigned the task of re-designing a classic character like Anastasia so as to make her look more "attractive" was fairly reprehensible, but I tried to do the best I could, mainly cause I was working with some really cool and talented artists. The story had something to do with her finding her "inner-beauty" so of course she needed to look hot, (or hot-er) on the outside, right??? Ugh. Anyhow, here's some drawings of her attempting to smile which she only finally succeeds in doing when she falls in love. I also threw in a model sheet of a palace cat named "Pom Pom" that had an affair with Lucifer. I made some great friends and learned a lot from some very talented artists at Disney TV, and although I'm glad we won't see more of these stupid ideas, (at least as video sequels,) I'm hoping that there will be some original direct to video content that showcases the great talent working there in a better fashion.

14 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Dougmian said...

Ben, your art its so cool, no matter for who you work. You made a good work! I donĀ“t like recycled ideas, I hope too for new ideas!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger rondo said...

that cat reminds me of the one from the great mouse detective. love it

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Tatevik Avakyan said...

These are great! I am just amazed at your talent and creativity, very inspirational!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Tapan Gandhi said...

that cat is my new love.. so sexy

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Francis Vallejo said...

Terrific work. First comment..I think yours was one of the first blogs I ever visited. I remember telling my freinds how cool this new art blog thing was..haha. Thanks for the inspiration.
best,
-francis

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Shawn Escott said...

Wow! Great stuff! I like the folds and weight on the cat.. you captured a wonderful sense of personality.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Seo Kim said...

her expressions are hilarious... amazing stuff!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Dave Dick said...

Fantastic drawings! So full of life! Sounds like a nice experience.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Richard Gaines said...

These drawings rock as hard as deathmetal....well, you know what I mean. The expressions on what looks like Cinderella's evil sisters are the best, especially the one forcing a smile on the lower left.

The shapes you have down for the cats possess that squash-and-stretch feel.

Once again, your work takes the cake!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Sorry you got stuck on the Cin 2 'clip movie' ;)
But always nice to find another Disneytoon artist who did their best with what we had.
I really enjoyed working on Cin 3, myself.
Pompom is wonderful :)

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger lennard schuurmans said...

sjiiesh! your expressions are so much fun! berry nice!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Hobo Divine said...

these are fantastic

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Mike Frenette said...

I really like those curls on the kitty. The whisker curls and the curl on the tail, they make her that much more interesting.

Cool character and great posing. Makes me wish I knew how to pose characters better! truly inspirational. =)

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Kendall said...

These pics crack me up! the two cats are HOT together! GO ANIMALS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home